Localintel is a pioneer in creating data-driven location marketing SaaS products for communities. We have played a major role in helping hundreds of organizations across North America promote their community’s advantages, assist local businesses, and monitor trends. For additional information please visit: www.ecdev.org
As a part of the Localintel team, you will be working with a team of friendly and dedicated engineers to develop innovative location intelligence solutions. Your most valuable skill is the ability to learn, closely followed by the ability to know when you don't know something. You’re willing to have a go at anything, but also acknowledge when you need help from a specialist on the team. Finally, you believe in working efficiently and collaboratively to deliver products with the WOW factor!
So, if you are looking for challenge, an opportunity to be the driver of your own career and the chance to grow with an awesome team, we would love to hear from you!
What You’ll Do:
- Design, implement, test, and improve the platform that drive our innovation (Full Stack).
- Develop and deliver enterprise web applications using modern frameworks and technologies
- Working closely with senior management and other company functions to elicit and specify product requirements
- Research and feasibility study to assess risks, opportunities, and cost of projects, product features, and new technologies
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in policies and procedures, and proactively engaged in continuous improvement and automation of our SDLC
Qualifications (Must Have):
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or Software Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of professional software development experience with at least 2 years of experience engineering enterprise web applications or web services
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts including: Object-Oriented design, design patterns, concurrency, data structures, and algorithms complexity.
- Experience in creating, integrating, and managing RESTful web services and APIs
- Solid Knowledge of SQL, ORM and relational data modelling
- Ability to write clean, scalable, reusable, secure, and maintainable code
Qualifications (Nice to Have):
- Team and/or project management experience
- Track record of web application development experience with one of the major front-end JS frameworks: Angular, React, or Vue; and responsive Web Design Frameworks such as Bootstrap or Material Design
- Familiar with Linux, Docker, CI/CD and Git
- Track record of contribution to open-source projects
- Experience with PostgreSQL and PostGIS
What we offer:
- The opportunity to make a major contribution to a fast-growing startup
- Competitive salary, bonus and stock option plan
- Flexible work hours and vacation policy
- Health Insurance and health spending account
- The chance to shape your own future and success